The important step in content creation is analyzing your content. Without data, you can’t know what’s working or how to improve it.
There are several data points you could track when analyzing your content, so use your goals as a guide to set some parameters. Whatever you want to accomplish with your content will help you choose your metrics. (Remember that initial goal we talked about?)
What you analyze is completely up to you, but here are some ideas for metrics to track:
- Page Views: the number of users that visit your content.
- Organic Traffic: the amount of traffic that comes from search engines.
- Bounce Rate: the percentage of visitors who leave your site after visiting only one page.
- Conversion Rates: the percent of visitors that engage with a CTA.
- Engagement Rates: the number of people that interact with your content through likes, shares, comments, or in other ways.
- Audience Growth: the new subscribers or leads that are generated from a piece of content.